Channel Engagement Manager
The Channel Engagement Manager (aka Media Supervisor) serves as day-to-day account lead for a group of clients. With account service support, this person is responsible for fielding client requests, attending client meetings and leading development and execution of channel/media strategies. This role is built for a person who enjoys presenting to clients and developing junior strategists.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and PR/Events team to create and present integrated plans to the full marketing team.
- Develops planning objectives and strategies that coincide with the client’s business/marketing goals.
- Oversees execution of multiple individual campaigns/year and coordinates efforts with buying.
- Drives engagement by identifying target audiences and determining how to best reach them.
- Analyzes campaign performance to determine if objectives were met and identify any insights or optimizations that can be utilized for future campaigns.
- Leads weekly status meetings with clients, creative agency and investment teams to provide updates and explores areas of opportunity.
- Manages partnerships with local and national media vendors and pursues ideas that strategically align with the client's business.
- Maintains budget control and ensures execution of campaigns by monitoring schedules.
- Maintains the best possible relationship with clients, Account Service, and media vendors in order to further mutual interests of the agency and client.
- Helps to train buyers and planners in proper methods of preparing, evaluating, and implementing media plans.
- Maintains familiarity with the history, present organization, and procedures of the client, as well as, with conditions in the industry.
- Is at all times alert to new channels or new methods of using existing channels and new developments, such as coverage patterns, circulation and rate changes. Informs team of such developments.
- Champions and adheres to marketing code of conduct provided by client.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- 5-7+ years of relatable agency experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail required.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Provides an energy level that brings innovative ideas to the agency.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Date 2021-05-03Title Talon and Buntin Out-of-Home Media Announce PartnershipDetails
Leading out-of-home specialists Talon and The Buntin Group today announced a strategic partnership aimed at transforming the out-of-home (OOH) landscape.
- Date 2021-03-25Title Buntin’s “OUTPOUR" Campaign Wins OBIE GoldDetails
An out-of-home campaign created last year by Nashville-based The Buntin Group - #OUTPOUR – designed to thank frontline medical workers fighting coronavirus has earned an OBIE Gold by the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA).
- Date 2020-07-09Title Buntin Wins Media AOR Duties for Aaron’sDetails
During an unprecedented time when ad expenditures are being suspended and production provides never-before-seen challenges, Buntin today announced its second consecutive new client relationship in as many months, with the win of media agency-of-record duties for Aaron’s, Inc.
- Date 2020-05-22Title Buntin Continues Recent Creative Awards Winning StreakDetails
The Buntin Group has continued its recent creative momentum, this time specifically for out-of-home (outdoor) advertising excellence. The OBIE Awards (managed by the Out-of-Home Advertising Association of America) is one of the oldest and most prestigious honors for creativity in advertising.