Senior Channel Activation Specialist (Media Buyer)
The Senior Channel Activation Specialist plays a key role on our media buying team. It is essential that the person in this role is a persuasive and articulate communicator since the objective is to collaborate with the media planning team in order to negotiate and place TV/Video and Radio/Audio media schedules. In addition to communication, this role is responsible for budget compliance, analysis of post-buy results and research plus the recommendation and implementation of innovative ideas according the market/industry trends in order to improve the success of the buys. Essentially – this is a multifaceted role which requires cross-departmental collaboration mixed with an ability and appreciation for analysis.
Our Senior Channel Activation Specialist has the same list of responsibilities with an ability to engage in more complex assignments/clients, as well as, be a subject matter expert for more junior level associates.
- Negotiates and places TV/Video & Radio/Audio media schedules
- Accurately estimates TV ratings to ensure 95% post for all clients
- Negotiates lowest rates in the market & track rate history to ensure most efficient buy possible
- Tracks SQAD & purchased CPP’s to identify the lowest CPP achievable in a market
- Research and update the landscape for assigned markets
- Negotiates 15% in added value for all media placed
- Activates channel strategies while adhering to established budgets and timelines
- Clearly and accurately communicates orders and changes to media vendors
- Buy maintenance, ensures the integrity of every buy placed from MG’s through posting
- Responsible for the post-buy results and can clearly communicate why a station did not deliver
- Tracks media expenditures in Media Ocean to ensure budget compliance
- Researches and maintains record of trends, innovations and changes that affect media buying
- Provides evaluations of event and sports sponsorships
- Collaborates with vendors and media team members resolve media billing issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of spot TV and spot radio buying experience
- Experience in online video/audio buying and national TV buying
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Date 2021-05-03Title Talon and Buntin Out-of-Home Media Announce PartnershipDetails
Leading out-of-home specialists Talon and The Buntin Group today announced a strategic partnership aimed at transforming the out-of-home (OOH) landscape.
- Date 2021-03-25Title Buntin’s “OUTPOUR" Campaign Wins OBIE GoldDetails
An out-of-home campaign created last year by Nashville-based The Buntin Group - #OUTPOUR – designed to thank frontline medical workers fighting coronavirus has earned an OBIE Gold by the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA).
- Date 2020-07-09Title Buntin Wins Media AOR Duties for Aaron’sDetails
During an unprecedented time when ad expenditures are being suspended and production provides never-before-seen challenges, Buntin today announced its second consecutive new client relationship in as many months, with the win of media agency-of-record duties for Aaron’s, Inc.
- Date 2020-05-22Title Buntin Continues Recent Creative Awards Winning StreakDetails
The Buntin Group has continued its recent creative momentum, this time specifically for out-of-home (outdoor) advertising excellence. The OBIE Awards (managed by the Out-of-Home Advertising Association of America) is one of the oldest and most prestigious honors for creativity in advertising.