Senior Channel Activation Specialist (Media Buyer)
The Senior Channel Activation Specialist plays a key role on our media buying team. It is essential that the person in this role is a persuasive and articulate communicator since the objective is to collaborate with the media planning team in order to negotiate and place TV/Video and Radio/Audio media schedules. In addition to communication, this role is responsible for budget compliance, analysis of post-buy results and research plus the recommendation and implementation of innovative ideas according the market/industry trends in order to improve the success of the buys. Essentially – this is a multifaceted role which requires cross-departmental collaboration mixed with an ability and appreciation for analysis.
Our Senior Channel Activation Specialist has the same list of responsibilities with an ability to engage in more complex assignments/clients, as well as, be a subject matter expert for more junior level associates.
- Negotiates and places TV/Video & Radio/Audio media schedules
- Accurately estimates TV ratings to ensure 95% post for all clients
- Negotiates lowest rates in the market & track rate history to ensure most efficient buy possible
- Tracks SQAD & purchased CPP’s to identify the lowest CPP achievable in a market
- Research and update the landscape for assigned markets
- Negotiates 15% in added value for all media placed
- Activates channel strategies while adhering to established budgets and timelines
- Clearly and accurately communicates orders and changes to media vendors
- Buy maintenance, ensures the integrity of every buy placed from MG’s through posting
- Responsible for the post-buy results and can clearly communicate why a station did not deliver
- Tracks media expenditures in Media Ocean to ensure budget compliance
- Researches and maintains record of trends, innovations and changes that affect media buying
- Provides evaluations of event and sports sponsorships
- Collaborates with vendors and media team members resolve media billing issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of spot TV and spot radio buying experience
- Experience in online video/audio buying and national TV buying
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Date 2021-09-27Title Global Spirits Marketer Sazerac Company Turns to BUNTIN for its 1792 Bourbon Brand Positioning GoalsDetails
The Sazerac Company, which began its cognac business nearly 400 years ago in France – and today is the world’s premier global spirits company with over 450 spirits brands – has hired BUNTIN to lead its efforts to establish its 1792 Bourbon as the most stylish premium bourbon brand in the world.
- Date 2021-08-10Title BUNTIN Client Music City Grand Prix Posts Record-Setting Numbers in Inaugural EventDetails
The Nashville race became the most-watched NTT IndyCar Series race on cable in NBC Sports history, posted viewership 181% higher than NBC’s 2020 IndyCar race average, and is also believed to be the most-watched IndyCar cable race in 23 years.
- Date 2021-07-28Title LG Electronics Adds BUNTIN to Global Agency RosterDetails
LG Electronics USA (LGE) has added BUNTIN as a roster agency in support of its U.S. business units. The Nashville-based marketing firm will initially help LGE in areas of corporate social responsibility across program development, ideation and content creation, brand activation, community partnerships, consumer experience and related.
- Date 2021-05-03Title Talon and Buntin Out-of-Home Media Announce PartnershipDetails
Leading out-of-home specialists Talon and The Buntin Group today announced a strategic partnership aimed at transforming the out-of-home (OOH) landscape.