The Senior Strategist is more than just a thought leader. You are a seeker of truth and perpetually fascinated by human behavior and what motivates people to do the things they do. You go beyond data and research findings to uncover unique consumer insights and think about how that insight might intersect product, brand, competitor, or cultural truths drive consumer behavior. You know how bring the core challenge and consumer to life for our creatives and clients and you are persuasive, passionate, and inspiring when selling strategically relevant ideas you know will drive positive results. You are a nimble strategic thinker that is knowledgeable about all parts of the marketing mix and can work across the continuum of brand strategy, communications planning, and digital/social strategy.
- Active contributor to the development of brand strategy work including journey mapping, core positioning, promise, foundational elements, architecture and associated impact on vocabulary, visuals, packaging, and product or service innovation
- Develops briefs that inspire the agency to create big ideas rooted in strategy and insights; keep pushing our briefing process to be the catalyst to great ideas
- Actively lead efforts to ensure that strategic thinking is informed by relevant data and research including syndicated, secondary, 4As, and primary research sources as well as social listening
- Able to leverage data to inspire strategic thinking; able to take intuitive leaps that lead to powerful insights about consumers, brands, competitors, products, culture, and channels
- Partners with research, strategy, creative, brand management, and channel teammates to ensure that strategic thinking is powerful and stimulates big ideas that drive results for our clients
- Active contributor to insight discovery sessions and eager to help other strategist develop thinking, debate, explore, and discover powerful truths
- Brings fresh thinking to how we create briefings that inspire the agency to create big ideas rooted in strategy and insights; keep pushing our briefing process to be the catalyst to great ideas
- Stays engaged in the crafting and selling of ideas, always finding ways to make the work better and more impactful to the target audience
- Lead efforts to develop real-time, data-centric platform that supports faster identification of trends, insights, and strategies to support powerful creative at the speed of social conversation
- Committed to learning strategic planning craft including brand, communications, content, and experiential strategy; continues to hone ability to discover and articulate powerful insights
- Supports new business efforts as well as existing clients
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree welcomed
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in strategic planning for a branding firm, advertising agency or other creatively minded agency
- Understanding of customer segmentation, targeting, positioning, customer journey and customer experience
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills; ability to identify research needs and participate in development and interpretation of research product
- Adept at distilling complex concepts and communicating a big idea
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to guide construction of compelling visuals for presentations across a variety of contexts
- Understanding of brand management, creative, media planning, and operational agency processes
- Ability to effectively partner with end clients, and agency teams across disciplines
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Date 2022-04-25Title BUNTIN Adds New EVP, Channel Engagement + ActivationDetails
Nashville – Bert Hamaoui has joined BUNTIN as EVP, Channel Engagement + Activation. He will have topmost responsibility for the agency’s media practice for all clients across international, national and local channels in traditional, digital, social, direct response and emerging media.
- Date 2021-11-30Title Belmont University Announces Jeffrey Buntin, Sr. Award for Creative VenturesDetails
Endowed gift from Buntin Family in honor of Jeffrey, Sr. to fund annual award for students interested in establishing creative arts, business enterprise.
- Date 2021-09-27Title Global Spirits Marketer Sazerac Company Turns to BUNTIN for its 1792 Bourbon Brand Positioning GoalsDetails
The Sazerac Company, which began its cognac business nearly 400 years ago in France – and today is the world’s premier global spirits company with over 450 spirits brands – has hired BUNTIN to lead its efforts to establish its 1792 Bourbon as the most stylish premium bourbon brand in the world.
- Date 2021-08-10Title BUNTIN Client Music City Grand Prix Posts Record-Setting Numbers in Inaugural EventDetails
The Nashville race became the most-watched NTT IndyCar Series race on cable in NBC Sports history, posted viewership 181% higher than NBC’s 2020 IndyCar race average, and is also believed to be the most-watched IndyCar cable race in 23 years.